Welcome to Island Drafting and Technical Institute
Island Drafting and Technical Institute was founded in 1957, and is staffed by faculty members who have had professional and practical experience in the Engineering, Architectural, CADD (Computer Aided Drafting/Design) and Computer and Electronics fields. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and is authorized to confer two-year Associate degrees by the New York State Board of Regents.
Our aim is to graduate students well-trained and technically qualified so that they may enter their chosen field or continue their education at the baccalaureate or higher level. Island Drafting and Technical Institute has over 45 years of leadership and experience in preparing Long Islanders for careers. We have stayed abreast of the latest developments in the industry, and we have continued to provide the personal attention students need to succeed.
IDTI also offers to industry, as well as to individual job-holders, skills training to improve on-the-job capabilities. Programs can be custom-designed for particular companies, in addition to the extensive program offerings regularly available.
• To provide educational and employment opportunities through concentrated, highly structured programs of study that prepare students for careers.
• To provide curricula that reflect the needs of a changing job market.
• To provide an opportunity for students to acquire the skills for occupational growth, including the understanding of employer expectations.
• To provide graduates with assistance in securing employment.
• To provide students with the skills and attitudes to continue learning throughout their lifetimes.
• Associate Degree in Architectural CADD Drafting
• Diploma in Computer Aided Drafting/Design – 12 Credits
• AutoCAD for Professionals
• Associate Degree in Electronic and Computer Service Technology
Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
Accreditation, Approvals and Affiliations
• Approved by the New York State Board of Regents to Award the Associate in Occupational Studies (A.O.S.) Degree in Computer Aided Drafting/Design and Computer Service and Electronic Technology
• Accredited College, Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
• Approved by the New York State Education Department for the training of Veterans
• Authorized under Federal Law to enroll Non-Immigrant Alien students
• Approved by the New York State Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID)
• Approved by the New York Higher Education Services Corporation for Student Loans
• Approved for training under the Federal Job Training Partnership Act (JTPA)
• Authorized AutoCAD Training Center
• Microsoft IT Academy
• Association of Proprietary Colleges
• Career College Association
• American Design Drafting Association (ADDA)
• Long Island Association (LIA)
• Long Island Forum for Technology (LIFT)
• National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA)
• New York State Counselors Association (NYSCA)
• Hauppauge Industrial Association (HIA)
• East End Counselor’s Association
• Nassau Counselor’s Association
• Nassau County Technology Education Association
• Suffolk County Technology Education Association
• Western Suffolk Counselors’ Association
• Better Business Bureau